You can help us financially if you ...
- Make a donation in your own name, or “in memoriam” for a loved one.
- Make a bequest by remembering us in your will.
- Give creatively. Purchase an insurance policy with the Museum as beneficiary, or transfer securities to the Museum’s name. Contact us for more information about these options, which can be financially advantageous for you.
Send your donation to: Eaton Corner Museum, 374 Route 253 (Eaton Corner), Cookshire-Eaton, QC J0B1M0
(Tax receipts are issued on request for donations of $20 or more.)
- The Eaton Corner Museum depends on the community.
- We do not receive any funding from government sources for operating expenses. We have been able to find funding for some special projects, like our new exhibit, and our volunteers perform minor miracles, but it is a yearly struggle to meet operating costs.
- We contribute to the culture of the local community, and to the historical knowledge of Quebec and Canada.
- There is much we can offer young people who are interested in learning about the skills and sustainable practices of yesterday.
- We all benefit from the sense of community acquired by participating in, or volunteering at our events and activities.
- Please help us do this work.
Where does your money go?
You can make sure we stay open by contributing to general operating expenses, which are much like your own: heat, electricity, taxes, salaries, telephone, internet, etc. Or, your donations can be directed to specific needs which interest you, such as the costs of preserving the objects in the collection, restoration of our historic buildings, or keeping the Heritage Gardens going.
Donate objects and archival materials.
- It’s not just about the money. Please contact the Museum if you have objects or archival materials from days gone by that you think might help preserve the history of our area of the Townships. We will consider accepting it as a donation to the Museum according to our Acquisitions Policy.
- We are able to give a tax receipt for the estimated (or professionally evaluated) value of the items donated.
Support us ...
Join – Give – Volunteer – Attend our events – and most of all: Visit the Museum